Join us in the search for Free Energy. Share your experiments and discoveries, post your build logs, and discuss.
We have a strict No-Troll policy. So you can post without fear of being ridiculed.

New Members- Check Your Spam Folder For Activation Link

Please read our Rules. Any problems or suggestions- Contact Us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EEG EM Basic
Thanks to Solar Lab for agreeing to share some basics on the technology he has been developing. So this thread is to document what he can share with us.

If you are going to participate, SL has requested you download a copy of ANSYS Student which can be downloaded here for free.  https://www.ansys.com/academic/students/...op-student   (Built-in license valid until 07/31/24)

If you wish to just observe that's fine. But if you will be participating, he isn't asking much so lets be sure we have the tools to properly follow along and understand.

As a side-note to SL, new software can be confusing or overwhelming to some (including myself) as I learn the ropes, so please have patience.  

Without any further ado- I hand it over to Solar Lab!
Thanks Jim,

Well this should be an adventure - I'm optomistic but it will take a bit of up front work to reap the bennefits. Here's a link to get started:

https://courses.ansys.com/index.php/cour...-lesson-1/

Fortunately for us Ansys has provided quite a lot of help which we'll need to use as time goes. Don't get too distressed at first.

Try to work through some of the examples (Start page or ribbon: Examples). The group we're most interested in are found in the
"Examples | Maxwell" folder - "General | Magnetostatic" but they're all interesting.

Some of these have a preview "Image" with an explaination (sometimes) in the "Notes" tab. Might have to use the ribbon "Window | Tile xxx"
to see all the windows at once.

Each Pane generally has only a header initially with a "+" in front of it - click the "+" to see the "rest of the story!" Sometimes there are several
sub-projects under one project. Each one is a seperate analysis, so to speak. Along the bottom of the top ribbon is where you can select a quick 
action;   e.g. "Draw, Model, Simulation, etc..

Remember to "double click" to highlight the Sub-Project. The list Left of the Graphics window is where the (physical) Components in the design are found.

Set up a "Junk AEDT," or whatever, folder to save your eample files to - this way you won't corrupt the original example (this might have been
fixed in the newer versions - so you can't save/destroy the example folder files ?).

Anyway, have a look around - you can't really break anything! :o)

Any ideas about my writing/presentation style are very welcome; (point form, short paragraph, book form) Let me know.

Welcome Aboard (and I hope you enjoy this journey to Hell!)

SL
Objectives and Challenges

A fundamental Objective is to discover and determine if there is a conventional Soure of Energy
that's all around us, in abundance, that is somewhat easy to obtain and use. As it turns out
there is - certain metals contain random magnetic dipoles that can aligned to perform a useful
gain function by simply aligning these dipoles by using a coil of wire and applying a current.

The amount of energy (current) applied to the Coil is much less than the energy that can be
harvested from the magnetized metal. This gain is shown by the simple Electromagnet we
are all familiar with from grade school physics experiments.

Key to developing a usable device to take advantage of these interactions is in the careful
design of an apparatus to do this efficiently. Faraday's Law of Induction can provide one
mechanism to harvest this excess energy. Although this gain is modest, by combining or
cascading individual gain units, or modules, a usable excess energy generation is achieved.

THREE BASIC ENGINEERING DESIGN CHALLENGES need to be addressed; keeping in mind
all three/four are interactive. A change in any one, or more, will change the entire system's
characteristics. One goal is to achieve a viable combination of all parameters. 

Some of these DESIGN CHALLENGES include:

- Material (ferromagnetic); some Soft Magnetic Coumpounds (SMC) have characteristics
that are far superior to electrical steel (used in todays common motor/generator
construction). SMC's can be easily molded into non-traditional shapes taking full
advantage of a systems magnetic flux and conformal shapes.

- Coil windings (Orthocyclic); can achieve an "F (form factor)" very close to unity (1)
providing significant increases in system parameter performance. Wire shape, for
example hexagonal, further enhances performance. Automation speeds the process.

- Semiconductors (control electronics); new devices have switching and power
characteristics that are extremely efficient (Sic, GaN, etc.). High performance
microprocessors/microcontrollers at low cost are readily available, compact,
and easy to program, test, and implement. SuperCAPs are now within reach.

- Professional CAE (Computer Aided Engineering); detailed design and analysis platforms
shorten the development cycle to a few weeks or days without the long and expensive
prototype cycles while providing accurate, repeatable and verifyable results. These are
now in common use throught industry with trained and skilled professionals readily
available.

Use of CAE in the design and development process is essential when balancing the
many individual System Tradeoffs.

These Four Basic Elements alone, when combined with a disruptive technology such
as found, and now proven, in the HES techniques, or others, once integrated and
unleashed, will, no doubt, change the world!  And the cycle will be very short.

Once your setup and comfortable with Ansys Student let me know and we can
begin the process of addressing each required item.

SL
hello.  Perhaps you can double check the software link I posted.  I installed it but now have a zillion things in my start menu, and am having difficulty even locating the right thing to click as told in the video..

Jim,

Here's the link I got (looks to be Ansys authentic) for the student version - 8.3GB zip.

You might have gotten the "fixed full version" - a few of those floating around from
what I hear - screen shot kinda looks like it, but I don't know for sure? Anyway, try this one:

https://www.ansys.com/academic/students/...op-student

SL

Just checked the link in your post and it's a Student Version but for another set of programs
from Ansys - "Ansys Workbench-based bundle."

I don't think the full "Ansys Electronics Desk Top" is included in that bundle however. It's even
harder to learn from what I understand, but a nice package non the less!

Jim,

Going to try posting this file, inluding the read-me. Hopefully it will post OK.

No Go - too big...

A zip file of 3,491 KB called "Projec1_Metal_Gain_01.zip BUT
the system says it's TOO BIG - limit is 1MB.

Maybe you can up the size limit? TIA

SL

You should end up with only one icon (see above) on your desktop for the
Ansys Electronics Desk Top (AEDT).

Attached Files
.png   AEDT Icon.PNG (Size: 2.3 KB / Downloads: 167)
Personalmente no me gusta la informática a ningún nivel, representa una basura digital  frente a la realidad y grandeza analógica de cómo es la realidad. He trabajado muchos años con sistemas electrónicos industriales a nivel de fuerza o señales, y al usar aparatos de medida de ayer comparados con los de hoy, hay muchas diferencias, los simuladores de cualquier tipo, están bien, pero para mi, no son la panacea de nada, ni para la comprensión mental del fenómeno a simular, ni para extraer la forma de hacer rentable, energéticamente esa extracción.
No obstante, considero muy acertado este hilo, pues habrá gente que le sea muy útil, considerando que no hayan estudiado dicho fenómeno, en la facultad de ingeniería, la magnetización del hierro, descrita arriba de este texto es, sin lugar a dudas, la confirmación de la existencia real de poder crear un sistema electromagnético donde se pueda extraer de la materia ( hierro ) más energía que la usada para excitarla.
Hay un vídeo, muy interesante, que puede ser útil para entender el
fenómeno

https://youtu.be/56HMZbr8c7E?si=0JzggbkXGCoPOrak

Este vídeo muestra de forma clara y real el fenómeno a explotar, una vez entendido, me cabe una pregunta: ¿ Es posible qué se esté explotando este fenómeno en la actualidad por las compañías generadoras y de distribución eléctrica en todos los países del mundo ?? 
La respuesta no está clara o si hay alguien qué lo sepa que lo comente, para mi no lo sé, pero hay un factor multiplicador en uso continuo los transformadores o autotransformadores usados en las grandes rutas de distribución eléctrica, todo el sistema está hecho de hierro y cobre, ya sabemos qué ocurre con estos dos elementos, ¿ es posible lo que expongo o es una tara mental ?

Personally, I don't like computing at any level, it represents digital garbage compared to reality and analog grandeur of what reality is like. I have worked for many years with industrial electronic systems at the level of force or signals, and when using measuring devices from yesterday compared to those of today, there are many differences, simulators of any type are fine, but for me, they are not a panacea. You are welcome, neither for the mental understanding of the phenomenon to be simulated, nor for extracting a way to make that extraction energetically profitable.
However, I consider this thread to be very accurate, since there will be people who will find it very useful, considering that they have not studied this phenomenon, in the engineering faculty, the magnetization of iron, described above this text is, without a doubt, the confirmation of the real existence of being able to create an electromagnetic system where more energy can be extracted from matter (iron) than that used to excite it.
There is a very interesting video that may be useful to understand the
freak
https://youtu.be/56HMZbr8c7E?si=0JzggbkXGCoPOrak

This video shows in a clear and real way the phenomenon to be exploited. Once understood, I have a question: Is it possible that this phenomenon is currently being exploited by electricity generation and distribution companies in all countries of the world?
The answer is not clear or if there is someone who knows it, let me comment on it, for me I don't know, but there is a multiplying factor in the continuous use of transformers or autotransformers used in large electrical distribution routes, the entire system is made of iron and copper, we already know what happens with these two elements, is what I am exposing possible or is it a mental defect?
As a reminder, this thread will be following the outline set forth by Solar Lab.  And this thread will be rooted in the software he will be referencing. 

If you do not wish to download the software, you are not being forced, but this is not the place to express personal opinions of software or simulations.. If anyone wishes to discuss their opinions of these types of things, please create a new thread dedicated to that subject. But let's not distract the direction of this thread of what is planned to be shown.
(11-30-2023, 12:58 AM)solarlab Wrote:  Anyway, try this one:

Maybe you can up the size limit? TIA

SL

Ok try now, Zip file limit bumped to 5 Megabyte

Thanks, once I verify this works, I will update the download link in the original post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EEG EM  =>  EXCESS ENERGY GENERATOR using ELECTROMAGNETICS
ANSYS Electronic Desk Top (AEDT) Student version download link:
  (Built-in license valid until 07/31/24) [zip file 8.3GB] Has some limitations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Get Started here's a very simple file (Project1_Metal_Gain_01.zip) with a read-me.
It's solved (analyzed) already but you may have to Re-Analyze it [Open the file; from the ribbon
"Simulation | Validate (all green check marks), then "Analyze All].

Attached is a very simple "metal Core" with a "copper Coil_Winding" around it.
"Project1_Metal_Gain_01.aedt" with the associated solution folder. Put both of these into
the same folder. Open AEDT, then "File | Open" the file (a double click from Windows may not
work correctly).

Click the "+'s" in the Project Manager. Right Click {RC} the Model in the graphics area and Expand
All.    The remainder of clicks are somewhat random just to "look around" a bit:

-  "+" Excitations; "+" Coil_Winding. Coil_Winding shows the properties; "Current of 100mA;"

-  "CoilTerminal" is Number of Conductors (or turns) at 20.

-  "+" Definitions; "+" Materials; "Diamet_MBS-R3_100cel" is the Core metal (random choice).
      Properties are shown - click the "B-H Curve" to show the material B-H Curve graph in
      H(A_per_meter) and B(tesla). Note: double click anywhere on the graph and select
      X Scaling, check Specify Max, and set Max to 50000 (was 300000), Apply. This rescales
      the graph making the lower zero end easier to read. The setting is lost on re-opening.

A note for later - scroll down to Composition; click Solid; here is where you can set the
"Lamination" Stacking Factor (loss in %) and Stacking Direction (usually the X or Y or Z
direction of the Objects CS ,V(1) is X, V(2) is Y and V(3) is along the Z axis (Search Stacking).

*Note: you would have to drive this metal with a lot of amps to saturate it. We'll look at this a
bit later as we simulate different metals and check if they might fit our design better.

Also, the Arnold_Magnetics_N35AH_80C appears to be a magnet from it's B-H Curve.

A Quick Look at the Business End - you might have to re-Simulate first. Simulation on
the ribbon, then Validate (green check mark), then Analyze All. Will take a few seconds;
watch the progress in the Progress window (lower left).

- "+" Field Overlays; solved B and H overlays are found here, again "+" for each overlay.
      A double click will make the graph stay on the graphics region, right click and
      de-select  Plot Visibility to remove it from the graphic.

The B and H graphic overlays show the Magnetic Fields of your device. There are quite a
number of overlays and Charts that are available which we'll look into later.

The arrows and such on the graphic overlay can be adjusted by Righ Clicking in the "Reults
Display | Modify" {e.g. H[A/m]. It may take a bit of fooling around to get used to!

To change the current "metal" select "Core" below the Diamet... in the Model listing.
Then in the Properties window "Material | Value" click "Diamet MB..." and use "Edit."

After a while (few seconds to load the Material Data Base) you have access to a huge
variety of Materials - {NOTE - Save your current Project since selecting a new material
will void your current results}.

Try something like "China Steel 35CS210." NOTE: the "encryped under Relative Permeability
require a license. Also, there are a variety of "in-the-clear" metals that provide a B-H Curve.

After selecting another metal, Re-Analyze... and compare the Reults.

Anyway, enough for now...

SL

If you have problems or questions, please let me know.

Attached Files
.zip   Project1_Metal_Gain_01.zip (Size: 3.41 MB / Downloads: 10)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EEG EM  =>  EXCESS ENERGY GENERATOR using ELECTROMAGNETICS
ANSYS Electronic Desk Top (AEDT) Student version download link:
  (Built-in license valid until 07/31/24) [zip file 8.3GB] Has some limitations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Building a Simple MODEL

Before discussing the "B-H" lets look at building a simple Model in AEDT.

-  Start with a "New Project" (close the pop-up) and select "New" (or File | New); or, when the
pop-up is closed a new project labelled "Project1" should appear - relabel this to "Junk_Test_01"
or whatever (right click, then Rename - or a slow double click and enter the new name).

- Under the Maxwell (ribbon down arrow) select Maxwell 3D. This opens the graphics area with
a coordinate arrow display and a left hand menu where your Draw/Model inputs appear.

- Use Draw (ribbon) and select "Draw Box (green icon that looks like a box). Measure Data
dialog window appears - use the diamond cursor to select the Start coordinate OR hit the space
bar to drop down to the lower right "X: Y: Z: entry boxes. In the coordinate box use the TAB key to
move from one to the other, or recycle back, L to R.  Enter the initial values then the ending values.

This takes a bit of getting used to but after a few times it becomes intuative - note, you can also
change the box dimensions by highlighting the "Box1 - CreateBox" (Model Menu) and entering revised
dimensions in the Properties.

- Position is:  start of  X,Y,Z then the XYZ Size.

Fit All in the ribbon will bring you "lost box" back on screen [or keyboard "Ctl D"). The lower right
box with the X Y Z arrows sticking out of it has some features where you can quickly manipulate
your box as well. Highlight and click the arrows or use the circle to drag (sometimes it's a little
tricky to use). 

The Grid is in the upper RH ribbon - Grid on/off, drop down for XY, YZ, XZ and 3D (see drop down
options). While we're up in that area there is an option for "Model - Non Model which allows
drawing stuff as a Non Model (a plane for displaying results, for example). You can also select
the default material (vacuum is default, click to select a material - opens Materials library).

Unfortunately in the Student version most of the "good materials" are encripted, BUT, you can
manually enter your own materials (get the B-H Curve data elsewhere) by "Add Material."
Example - Relative Perneability - Nonlinear - Value - enter the B-H Curve data or import the
Dataset; name the material, and save to (any) Active Project.  So, we're still in the game!

OK - back to the box and adding a Coil Winding

- CreatBox properties: Position 5,-5,-10 (to center the box on the Global Coordinate System).
Use the center mouse wheel to zoom out a bit.

- Highlight the "Z bubble" to orientate to the XY axis, select XY in the Grid dropdown. Pan to near
the center.

- Draw another Box overtop of and bigger than the current box. Use the mouse, left -6, right
+6, space bar, Tab to Z, -2. Then "Box2" set Color (copper-red) and Transparent to .8.
Now rotate the box around a bit - mouse somewhere on the coordinate box, lower left and
move the mouse a bit to where you can get a 3D view. Fit All, etc.

Forgot: set the transparency of Box1 to .8 and the color to gray as well (now you can see the
Global Coordinate system arrows.

-  Select Box2 "CreateBox" Position: -6,-6,1. XSize and YSize are 12mm (start/end). Set
ZSize to -2. This centers the target Coil Winding box. Now, select Box2 (this will be the Blank)
and Ctl select Box1 (this will be the Blank - from the old maching scheme). On the ribbon
click "Subtract" - the popup shows the Blank Parts [Box2] and the Tool Parts [Box1].

You also want to keep Box1 (this becomes our Core metal) so check "Clone too objects before
operation. OK. Rename Box1 to "Core" and Box2 to "Coil" using the Properties window. You can
also set the Materials while your here - Material - Edit, select your material of interest.

- Coil (was Box2) edit material to Copper. Core (was Box1) edit material to China Steel 35CS250H
since this material has an available B-H Curve. Note the materials now appear in the Model list.
Add the Coil Winding (this ones a bit tricky)

- Select (highlight) the Coil;  Right click, "Edit | Surface | Section" Section, Section Plane: YZ, OK.
Leave Coil_Section1 nad SectionFrom highlighted, then Right click
then "Edit |Boolean | Seperate Bodies." This seperates the Coil_Section into two sections,
now deleate the lower section "Coil_Section1_Seperate1 - right click, Edit, Delete.

In the Project Manager, righ ckick Excitations, Add Winding, in the popup enter: Current (default)
Stranded (radio button), Current 500mA, OK.

In the Model dialog, select under Sheets, Coil_Section1. Then move to Project Manager and
"+" Excitations, right click "Winding1" and select "Assign Coil Terminal" then set Number of
Conductors to 20. Note: Swap Direction changes the current direction in the Coil Winding and
will be used later to swap North and South in the electromagnet.

Now we have a Coil Winding of 20 turns and 500mA around a ChinaSteel Core. Nearly done!
Lets see what else we need - Simulation, Validate: missing the Analysis Setup.

- Right click "Analysis (Project Manager) and "Add Solution Setup (we'll use the defaults).
Check the "Mesh" - right click "Initial Mesh Settings" use the defaults - Note: since the Student
version is limited in the mesh size, we may have to use "Course" as the device gets more parts.

Finally - Validate (all green checks) and "ANALYZE ALL"  The status is shown in the lower left
window. You can also check other things: right click "Results" and select "Solution Data" to
see CPU/Memory/Mesh etc. stats. You can view these while the system is analyzing. 

Last, Lets see the results: Select the Core or another part of the Model, then in the Project
Managerright click "Field Overlays | Fields | H | H_Vector," use (?) H_Vector and AllObjects.

The H Vectors appear on the Core and a Color Code for H [A/m] appears - this is not really
correct since H is force that the Coil generates to align the magnetic diapoles in the Core.

Go to H_Vector1 and Modify Plot, select B_Vector, AllObjects, apply. Now the plot is for
Core. The Legend is now "B" in uTesla. Hover the mouse over the Legend, right click, and
now you can modify the Legend, arrow sizes, etc. - in scale, select Units: Tesla. Do the
same for "H." Note the Legends overlap so you will have to move them a bit.

Well, for this ChinaSteel with 20 turns at 500mA the performance is not very good.

Don't worry, there are much better combinations. Hopefull this did provide some insight
into what the "B-H Curve" part of designing is all about.

BTW, here's a Webpage that has a data entry capability you might find interesting; don't
forget to enter the values and then click on the "quantity" you wish to calculate:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/magnetic/solenoid.html#

Scroll up a bit for an explaination of "L" and so forth.

Till later, have a good one!  This should about cover the "getting our feet wet" part and hopefully sets a
baseline from where we can continue to work.

I'll give this a rest for now and see if there's any interest...

SL

Attached Files
.zip   Junk_Test_01.zip (Size: 420.25 KB / Downloads: 8)